Hello! I hope you all are surviving this hot summer it’s been really hot around here in Texas. Ice cream is always a great idea during those hot days, a few weeks ago I found this strange fruit at the store called quince and I decided to give it a try. It looks a lot like a pear or green apple from the outside but it is more tart. I didn’t necessarily like it by itself so I decided to make an ice cream with it.
Cinnamon and Ginger Quince Ice Cream
Cinnamon and ginger quince ice cream
Quince turned out to be surprisingly delicious in an ice cream and especially with the combination of ginger and cinnamon.
- 2 Quince
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Cut the quince in small cubes; cover with water and add the 2 cinnamon, 2 Tbsp of sugar and bring to a boil, cook for about 20 minutes.
- Save 1/4 cup of the quince boiling water, remove the cinnamon sticks and blend the quince until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan mix the milk and sugar and cook on low until the sugar is dissolved. Add the heavy cream and vanilla warm slowly until thickened (DO NOT BOIL).
- Add the quince mixture to the milk mixture and mix well. Pass through an strainer and let it cool.
- Place the batter in the ice cream maker and follow the manufacture’s instructions.Enjoy